Tuesday, November 10, 2009



War Is...: Soldiers, Survivors and Storytellers Talk about War

Edited by Marc Aronson and Patty Campbell

Candlewick Press Massachusetts 2008


Summary:
War is is a compilation of articles, letters, and stories from war survivors. All of the texts come from different perspectives- reporters, male soldiers, female soldiers... attackers, victims... veterans... civilians... it is honest and as real as War Is. Anyone considering signing up to serve in the Army should read this book. Its ugly but it is a chance for many voices of humanity to be heard by a nation.

Personal Review:
I had to force myself to read this book, I found that I'd nearly rather preserve my ignorance. War is ugly. I still havn't decided what I thought about the book, think about War. Human's are warloving creatures and it gave me a lot to think about.

WARNINGS: Strong language, death, rape, murder, torture

No comments:

Post a Comment

PLAYLIST.COM


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Background

Followers